Thursday, October 11, 2012

Nationals NLDS Game 4: Emotions Captured

         Recently my primary interests outside of school have been photography and baseball, so I immediately knew that I was going to document the Nationals playoffs through photography and film;  however, this was before I knew it would be such an incredible experience. 
         When I entered the stadium this Thursday for game 4 of the NLDS with camera in hand, I had a goal of capturing the emotions of the crowd and not the game itself. This is the first time the Nationals have made the playoffs in their not so long existence and they needed a win to stay alive, so naturally the crowd was dedicated to watching every pitch hit the catcher's mitt. 
        Instead of trying to take not so interesting shots of the players, I focused on the audience. Whether it would be a depressing or thrilling game, it was important for me to show that in my photos and video. I often used the technique of only focussing the lens on one fan, with the field in the background, instead of attempting to capture it all with one shot. This created a more dramatic effect and conveyed more feeling. 
        I am confident that I summed up the emotions and intensity of the game quite well, while capturing the greatest moment in Nationals baseball history on video. When Jayson Werth hit the walk off homerun in the bottom off the ninth, I and everyone else in the stadium went into hysteria. The only difference between me and everyone else, was that I had the moment caught on tape. I hope you enjoy seeing the game of baseball from a different perspective as I did tonight.









1 comment:

  1. You are a thug. That video gives me shivers and those pics are sweet. #natitude #werthit #gamefive

    ReplyDelete