Sunday, October 28, 2012

Basketball At TPMS

   This weekend me a some friends went to play basketball at Takoma Park Middle School and I was thinking that I hadn't taken pictures for fun in quite a while, so I decided to bring the camera along. I planned to take a couple specific pictures such as the one of John Ramsey dunking below, however I also just wanted to enjoy myself and capture some of our "intense" games we play most weekends. This was something I enjoyed doing because I can see myself being a sports photographer. I'm not saying that is my ultimate goal in life; however, I think it would be a career that I would really enjoy.


    I'm now going to explain how I shot and edited the picture John dunking. First I had him dunk while I took  a lot of pictures in high speed burst mode. In order to do this you need to keep the camera very  still and be careful not to let the background change behind the subject. I myself had trouble with this because I didn't bring a tripod. Using photoshop, I then pasted the images into separate layers and cut out everything except for John and the ball in each picture besides the last. I then flattened the image and played around with the background so that it look like one picture, not a stack of multiple. Postprocessing for this picture alone, took me about an hour. Here are some other shots I took this weekend that I thought came out well. (Click to view larger)








No comments:

Post a Comment