Sunday, December 9, 2012

Macro Photography

   For a Christmas gift my aunt gave me a book of Poplar Photography tips and advice. As I was browsing  through the book I came across many interesting ideas for projects and great suggestions I had never thought of before. One image that truly stood out to me was an image of an eye taken with cheap macro photo equipment. This image inspired me to look into getting or making macro equipment of my own. My first obstacle was that I didn't have a macro lens (a key part of taking macro photos). I went to look at prices of a macro lens online but found nothing in a reachable price range. During this search however, I came across another option called macro extension tubes. What these do is extend the lens off of the camera and give an extreme macro effect, allowing you to get centimeters away from your subject. The big plus with these are that they cost a fraction of the price of a decent macro lens. I purchased a set for only $12. When the package arrived I began shooting immediately.

   This first picture is my best attempt at taking a macro image of an eye. Although mine is not as detailed and generally remarkable as the one that inspired me to try this in the first place, it came out pretty well and I now know more about how to go about taking these types of images.


   Here are a few others I took:






  

No comments:

Post a Comment